Information Security Management System
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ISMS)
(ISO) The International Organization for Standardization is an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations. It was founded in 1947. The organization promotes worldwide proprietary, industrial and commercial standards. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and works in 164 countries. It was one of the first organizations granted general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. It is the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards and facilitates world trade by providing common standards between nations. Over twenty thousand standards have been set covering everything from manufactured products and technology to food safety, agriculture and healthcare. Use of the standards aids in the creation of products and services that are safe, reliable and of good quality. The standards help businesses increase productivity while minimizing errors and waste. By enabling products from different markets to be directly compared, they facilitate companies in entering new markets and assist in the development of global trade on a fair basis. The standards also serve to safeguard consumers and the end-users of products and services, ensuring that the certification of products conform to the minimum standards set internationally. Xano has the ISO certification.
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines requirements of a information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies, procedures, processes and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber attacks, hacks, data leaks or theft.
As an international standard for quality management, ISO 27001:2013 provides a set of principles that need to be followed for ensuring continual quality improvement in all departments.
- ISO 27001 is the de facto international standard for Information Security Management
- It demonstrates a clear commitment to Information Security Management to third parties and stakeholders
- It can provide a framework to ensure the fulfilment of commercial, contractual and legal responsibilities
- It provides a significant competitive advantage, and can effectively be a license to trade with companies in certain regulated sectors
- It provides for inter-operability between organizations or groups within an organization
- It helps provide compliance with, or certification against, a recognized external standard which can often be used by management to demonstrate due diligence.
Xano, Inc. is one of the top-tier companies that have been awarded the prestigious ISO 27001:2013 certification. We strive constantly for delivering quality services for our government and international clients. We adhere to a quality-centric plan for all our endeavors; the ultimate outcome is a mix of total customer satisfaction and peace of mind.